Thursday, September 3, 2009

Peaches and Cream

Sophie and Hannah had a busy day today. First stop was the dentist. Hannah has some white spots on her teeth and since I was already scheduled for an appointment, Dr. Mike said to go ahead and bring her in as well. We brought both girls in and they got to sit in the dentist chair (on my lap) and see all kinds of cool stuff. They also got new toothbrushes! Both were very shy. After a lot of coaxing they finally gave us a look at their teeth. I give all the credit to Dr. Mike. He was very good with them. Sophie didn't get scared at all even though she is going through her stranger issues.

Next on our list was a visit with the pediatrician for Sophie and Hannah's 15 month check up. They were a little tired at this point and not having any of it. Hannah screamed the entire time the nurse was taking her blood pressure so I can only imagine what kind of reading she got. And no one wanted their head measured even though I told them the tape measure was a "hat". Oh and I let Sophie play with a ziploc bag of cheerios which she ripped open and threw all the cheerios to the ground.

The big concern of course was Hannah's weight. Craig and I were both anxious to find out what she weighed and what the doctor had to say about it. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good news and it wasn't. The doctor told us to keep her on formula (the high calorie mix) and we have to bring her back for a weight check in 6 weeks. He wants to see a 2 pound weight gain by the next checkup. Right now I am giving her all kinds of high calorie food with butter and cream, but we need to try to give her more. So it will be a 6 week mission to get Hannah to gain weight. Interesting enough I am on a 6 week mission to lose weight (for a cruise).

But what really surprised us at the appointment was that Sophie dropped on the growth chart. That's right. The daughter that eats with two hands and gobbles up everything I put in front of her is not gaining enough weight. So I've been told to give her instant breakfast powder with her milk and all the butter and cream she wants as well. I've kind of been doing that already but I will just have to give her more.

Other than that the girls are well. We all got our flu shots. The girls got their vaccines and we called it a day.

Oh and I almost forgot...peaches and cream. For dinner Hannah and Sophie had macaroni and cheese with butter and cream, carrots with butter, and peaches with butter and heavy cream. And I wasn't allowed to have any:( Off to make a salad!

No comments: